Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Yeast Free Garlic Hummus

Finally did it!! I am so proud of myself I finally made homemade Garlic Hummus.  Two days ago I realized within my research that on the Yeast Free Diet that Citric Acid is not allowed.  I then went to look at my hummus in the fridge and it had Citric Acid..  I had to go to three stores to find the ingredients necessary but all in all it was totally worth it.  I used a vitamix to blend all ingredients once in the container.  Enjoy!

Yeast Free Garlic Hummus Recipe
 
1/2 cup garbanzo beans juice
4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
4 tablespoons tahini
4 clove garlic ( I added whole)  if you want less garlic flavor add less
1/2 teaspoon sea salt...I added a little more after I tasted it
Yeast Free Garlic Hummus Directions
 
Drain chickpeas reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid
Place all ingredients in the blender and mix until smooth and creamy

2 can garbanzo beans (15.5 ounce can) (Ingredients in the can...garbanzo beans, water, sea salt)

No comments:

Post a Comment