Friday, January 13, 2012

I miss our Friday night Pizza and Wine night!

Before our test results our friday nights for my family consisted of going out to dinner, making or ordering pizza along with a glass of wine but now that has all changed.. :(  I know for the better but that still doesn't mean it is easy.  I had leftover bbq'd carne asada from last night that I had to use for dinner.  Well I actually used it for breakfast as well as for dinner.  Leftovers and the candida diet do not mix..leftovers grow mold in the fridge.  However on the realistic side I am not going to throw out plenty of good carne asada so I knew I needed to use it quickly.  So I googled leftover carne asada recipes and this is what I found Simple Steak Picado.  I had everything on hand except in reading my labels the Hunts Stewed Tomatoes I buy in bulk from Costco contain sugar.  I accidentally picked up the italian season stewed tomatoes but I believe the regular Hunts stewed tomatoes does not contain it.  It was really yummy and we ate it all.  My two year old daughter even said good dinner mommy!  Success!

1 comment: