Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yeast Free Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili

Who doesn't love the crockpot?  A few days ago I was on the hunt for canned tomatoes or jarred sauce that did not have citric acid, sugar or other additives because they are just so convienient.  I went to World Market to see if they had 100% Chicory drink and they did not but while browsing the isles I came across Pomi brand tomatoes.  The ingredients in this 30oz diced tomatoes reads "tomatoes." I was so excited! Tonights dinner is a Yeast Free Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili.  Feel free to add or omit items if you are sensative. 




Combine Ingredients and mix together in the crockpot then place the chicken on top.  Low 8 hrs High 4 hrs
Yeast Free Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili Ingredients:
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans (I use another can of black or northern beans...cannot tolerate kidney beans)
1 onion chopped
1-10oz frozen roasted corn (Trader Joes...omit if sensative)
1-14oz frozen fire roasted bell peppers & onion (Trader Joes)
60 ounces diced tomatoes (brand I found at World Market is Pomi chopped tomatoes..ingredient "tomatoes" and thats it
1 seedless jalapeno pepper chopped
4 Tbsp Taco Seasoning (see below)
Chopped fresh cilantro to top the chili
1 dalup Goat yogurt with one drop of Stevia (omit if sensative)
sliced avocado

Yeast Free Taco Seasoning (I triple this recipe and keep it on hand in the pantry)
1 TBSP Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1 1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Salt
1/2 Black Pepper
Pinch Red Pepper Flakes

** It was delicious..my husband and I had two bowls and believe it or not the Goat yogurt was the perfect addition.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment