Sunday, January 19, 2014

Life Happens now we are SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet)

Sorry it has been a really long time since I have updated this blog.  We stayed yeast free for about 4 months it had some benefits but it really didn't help my husband all that much with his digestive issues.  We ended up going off of the diet because I got pregnant and life happened.  While I was pregnant we lost our little boy Lucas at 18 weeks pregnant.  We were really sad however knew that God was in control and had a different plan for our family and we needed to just TRUST. A few months later we became pregnant with our little girl Sienna who is currently 9 months old. Yay!  

A few months prior to the holidays I came across a Paleo/SCD cookbook named Against All Grains.  We did this for a about a month but it too was great it was so time consuming in the kitchen.  The holidays really took a toll on our family...sugar, alcohol, breads, and more are all evil.  My husbands digestive system was at this point absolutely terrible, mine was fine I just gained the holiday lbs.  He drastically needed to make a change and started fasting as well as juicing after a few days.  While I was looking through the Against All Grains cookbook I noticed SCD (specific carbohydrate diet).  We incorporated this immediately along with visiting the SCD lifestyle websites to reference.  I have ordered the book and hopefully will be here this week.  

My husband and I have seen some great results in just a week and a half.  I have been coming up with easy life/kid friendly recipes.  I hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment